Tuesday 1 November 2011

Kokuryu

While i was in Manila, a few weeks ago, i dropped by Watsons to buy some stuff i needed and i also had to check out their makeup counters. I actually saw those that ive been lemming for for so long: Maybelline's Angel Rose, which wasnt actuallly as light as what i expected, so i hesitated on getting it. It sells for 399 or 299, im not sure. Then, i checked out Revlon's shelf and swatched their colorburst lipsticks, which was 499 a tube. I have one from that line, in Carnation shade. A light cool toned slightly sheer shimmery pink. Which i wasnt so crazy about. But i was eyeing the Soft Nude shade, but didnt quite look nice. But it was one of the most popular drugstore nude lippies. I was more curious to get Peach, which i think would suit me more. I dont really look good with pale nude lips with absolutely no color. I look terribly washed off or ill. I dont know, maybe i havent found my HG nude lip products.

I was about to check out when i passed by Kokuryu's counter, where i usually buy my foundation cake in Jade shade, the green one which balances my discolorations and reduces the look of inflammation and redness of my zits/scars/etc. I didnt know that they had lipsticks, i just read somewhere before that they do offer quite a few makeup products aside from the powders and foundation. So i browsed on the available shades. I read a review about their lipstick in Flame shade, which was a bright matte orange shade. Very pigmented. Sells for 149 each, if im not mistaken. I got one tube for myself, and heres how it looks on my lips. I had to apply a liberal amount of petroleum jelly prior to application, cos it was hard and very drying. Im guessing that this would make my lips chap and even more wrinkly after a day of using this. I havent gone out wearing this color, i just swatched it on my lips for a few minutes for this post. Ive been wanting a matte orange shade and this is an affordable choice. Especially that this isnt one that would fit an everyday kind of lippie. The scent bothers me too, i cant explain it. Reason why, i aint really crazy about wearing this one out. I also noticed that without flash, and on my super pigmented lips, it leans more on a red-orange shade.

Next one i got, from the same line, was the Cheshyre Rose shade. A brownish mauve shade. I am crazy about nude shades lately, cos i cant seem to find one that perfectly suits me. It did look 'nude' when swatched on my arm, but draaat. Did it look PINK on my lips. Is it because of how heavy my lip pigmentation is? I wish i had paler lips, so it would be a great base for colors to pop out. Haha.
I am so disappointed with this one. I want it to be more brown or beige. I have enough pinks to last me a lifetime, and i dont need another pink lipstick that isnt even attractive enough to wear on a daily basis. Smells awful and is very drying.

Over all im giving these lip products a 2/5.
For Affordability and Pigmentation.


4 comments:

  1. lovely! thats quite a collection!

    everythingmingi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! My fav of it all is the pink one. Such a lovely color ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the shades..very chick.....btw you've gorgeous lips.
    http://vivaciousblog17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too didn’t know that Kokuryu have lippies.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete