Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas

It'll be Christmas eve tomorrow, but i dont feel giddy and excited at all. Not an inch of me feels 'merry'. Hmm. Maybe its because those people i used to celebrate Christmas with for the past years, i know wont be celebrating it with me now. I have a very huuuuge extended family. When i was younger, all my cousins from all sorts of places would come home to my Grandparents house during the holidays and we'd all get to see and play with each other. There'd be a tonful of gifts under the christmas tree, and id huddle under it tryna see which ones belong to me. There would be alot of us kids but we'd all have gifts and pamasko from the tito's and tita's, lolo's and lola's. It was just so happy. One time, i remember receiving Playstation 1 from my lolo. It made me hella happy. Plus, i also regularly received a gift from Santa! I enjoyed opening gifts, singing and playing parlor games infront of everyone! 

Now, for one, My Mama aint home. She's still in Abu Dhabi and i badly miss her. But ill be sending her a gift, a customized shirt i designed that the boyfriend will print tomorrow. Here's the design i made.
Second, my dearest Lola just passed away last month. I actually miss her scolding all of us when we'd get too noisy and rowdy in her house. But she adores all of us, and especially me, i believe, since i always get a bigger amount of pamasko from her. Moohaha! :D

And then third, my beloved Lolo just went to the States a few weeks ago. And my closest and fave tita and tito wont be coming home here in the province too, since their flight is scheduled on the 27th. They'll be migrating to the States too.

Fourth, our family house is technically EMPTY. Not really, but it feels like it. No one's usually home. Lahat may kanya kanyang lakad. Sad.

Fifth, my tita who usually cooks for us during Noche Buena decided to spend Christmas in Manila with her other side of the family. SO NO SCRUMPTIOUS FOOD WORTH LOOKING FORWARD TO :[ Plus, she gives me the nicest gifts! ALWAYS MAKEUP! She know me too well. 

Sixth, i know i wont be receiving any gifts tomorrow night. I KNOW, im not a kid anymore, Its just that nothing beats the sheer joy of opening gifts and the feeling of anticipation and surprise. Oh well. And most likely, id be getting just cash; though i doubt it too, since i dont have Ninongs and Ninangs, they all disappeared from the face of Earth. All overseas and i barely know any of em. PERFECT.

Anyway, to lighten up the mood though, ima show you a few of our home Christmas decors:
THIS IS HOW OUR LIVING ROOM LOOKS LIKE. NOT MUCH CHANGE REALLY.
CHRISTMAS DECOR ON THE CEILING LAMP
ON OUR DOOR
OUR DINING TABLE, I LOVE THE CLEAR GLASS VASE!
SANTA HANGING NEAR THE COUNTER
AND FINALLY, OUR CHRISTMAS TREE WITH AN ANGEL ON TOP

That's it. I hope tomorrow will be better. I don't wanna celebrate the supposed happiest occasion of the year, feeling this way. May you guys have a lovely Yuletide Celebration too! :] Merry Christmas, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment