Tuesday 25 October 2011

Gifts and Parcels

As much as i love receiving parcels or packages, i also love receiving gifts. Yes, i am one selfish and greedy little girl. But im not really that hard to please, you can pick up a lovely shell from the beach, or pickup a random stone, or a pretty flower; hand it to me and ill cherish it with much love. Im not really into those expensive gifts or treats. I appreciate the more simple and thoughtful surprises. I am very sentimental, and i love keeping memorabilias and little useless stuff that means a whole lot of meaning and memories to me.

I am so lucky to have a boyfriend, who isnt blatantly sweet but very much thoughtful to say the least. He always wants to make me smile and happy. He always gives me the best gifts! He puts alot of time, effort and thought to the stuff he gives me, and sometimes, he gives me the most ridiculously weird gifts just to see me cringe or smile. Though, i know that he gives me the nicest gifts ive eveeeeeeeer received in my life, Im always very suspicious too. When he tells me that he has something for me, i immediately squirm in horror as to what it probably is. He would ask for my hand and open my palm so he could put the 'gift' he has for me. It always always scares me! I always imagine that hes gonna hand me a live insect of some sort; maybe a live hairy spider, or a nasty creepy crawly! Or gasp! Maybe even something slimy and disgusting!I would close my eyes and apprehensively offer my open palm to receive something as trivial as... those i mentioned above! Some of the other treats he gave me were a transparent crystal heart locket we picked up on the road while he was walking me home, a scrap silver chain i could use on my jewelry crafts, clothes, shoes, food and yes, a rock, a shell, a candy, chocolate, flower, notebook, etc. etc. etc.

Lemme share with you some of the things i received from him:
This are the ones ive been wanting to buy but never got to actually purchasing them since they were, i thought, a little useless. And i was almost out of cash. But to make me smile, on that particular day, he got it for me. Its a black eyeliner, i like the packaging! Small and sleek, and in black and pink! Plus, the end applicator is so hard and sturdy, not anything brush/pen like, which i like the most. Then i got a set of glitzy kawaii 3D dino stickers! I placed some at the back of my phone which you can read/see here.

On his first pay at his new job, he got me this black rosary necklace, i mentioned here. I was feeling down that day, and to cheer me up, he got me this. He was supposed to get me a few lipglosses, but i opted for this instead.

He also gave me this bag. And the shoes im wearing here. Im sorry i couldnt find a more decent pic of me actually wearing it, but its a pretty buckle and straps black wedge.
These are just some of his no-brainer gifts. Those he hadnt spent an effort on. But are sure hit to make my day. He is my own personal day-brightener-slash-happy-pill!

Here are the ones i really appreciate!

Doll-Meg, the Vitamin Bottle, and the Baby Wooden Crib

I like calling them that way, because:
A.) It actually is just an empty mineral water bottle, that he filled with tiny colorful M&M's. It was the fun pack chocs i was asking from him when i saw it in his house, but he was too stingy to give it to me. Turns out, he was really planning to give it to me on my bday. Yes, these were my bday gifts from him. Which i got at exactly midnite, or atleast a few hours before! :D Its my everyday vitamin. You all know how much of a lazy bum i am, so i even consider opening a candy wrapper or a chocolate pack too tedious and a hassle. Good thing, i can now just open the bottle and pop a few of em on my mouth! Haha! No wonder, im so fat, im such a slob.
B.) I dont actually know what this is. But it does resemble an infant's crib right? It also looks like a pig pen, or a wrestling arena! Haha. But accdg to him, its a place for my random stuff and little knick knacks so my room wouldnt be so cluttered. It was supposed to be where i could place my lipsticks, but he realized that i have too many of em, and they wouldnt actually all fit here. So i just placed it on my bedside table beside Doll-Meg, and it hit me instantly! ITS DOLL-MEG'S CRIB SLASH THRONE! They look so perfect together! Their brown organic native feel matched! Btw, Doll Meg is actually his self-made doll for me. Read here. Look at that kickass zipper mouth! And the 5 centavo buttons on his chest! Anyway, the "Crib" is also hand crafted by him. It looks like something i could actually display on our living room. But no, its DollMeg's bed now. It was beautifully strewn together. Its made of bamboo and twigs he saw lying somewhere around their house. Come to think of it, he could make a profit out of these things! Or was he just a previous in-mate who learned how to make handicrafts in jail?!  He poured all his time on these things, it actually annoyed me cos he was too busy! But when i saw em, i was super touched and overwhelmed by the amount of time and effort he put just to give me something special and unique. Not just some lazy store-bought gift. :'] Im so happy and super lucky that hes mine!
LOOK! EVEN OUR BACKGROUND SEEMS TO MATCH HIS GIFTS! Haha! :]]

No comments:

Post a Comment