Saturday 8 October 2011

Sophie Martin



Something came in the mail the other day! Yipee *ecstatic*
Who doesnt adore getting packages in the mail? WHO DOESNT? I loooove the anticipation and the surprise of unboxing or opening parcels with the thought of acquiring new stuff! May it be ultra cute or mighty disappointing! Haha.

Anyway, i ordered these from an online seller, since i couldnt find a Sophie Martin dealer here in Vigan. Got a few lippies, mostly in nude-peach shades. Too bad, the two tester lippie kits i wanted wasnt available and two of the tubes i wanted was OOS. How unfortunate. I just might order the others some other time.

So i got 6 J’adore lipsticks, 2 Kluge Moisture Lipsticks, 2 Magic Pink Cream Blushes, Strawbie-Milk Moisturizing Peel-off mask, and along with my SM prods, is the Pond’s Matte Pressed Powder.

Lets start with the non-Sophie one haha

This is actually an item i won in her auction, won it at only Php 50 i think. I dont really need it, but because the starting bid was so low, i got it. I actually dont own a pressed powder/foundation, since everything i get usually would look cakey or worse, would turn my sebaceous glands on hyperactive mode. Haha. Poor me. Forever oily. *cries* But this one, i surprisingly came to love. I used it once and i loved the outcome, it sorta mattified my face, just a lil, since i only applied it on very lightly, afraid that my oild glands would act up again. I havent tried applying it as a foundie, i just might try soon. Ill buy a new one, COS UNLUCKILY, i dropped it and it cracked. Aww :[

Next is the StrawbieMilk Moisturizing Peel-off Mask, which is a complete waste of money, though it wasnt really expensive Php135 i think? But still, i couldve gotten another lippie instead of this. Anyway, this was a total disappointment. I love applying face masks and nose packs. I like the idea of “peeling”! So i wanted something i could use often. Something with actual effects and benefits. So when i saw this, wanted to try it asap. Strawbie and Milk, sounded so promising. Strawbies for that extra scrub-like feel and the luscious scent, and Milk for the moisturizing effect. Ive always loved Strawbie and Milk variants when it comes to beauty prods. Anyway, heres a shot of the product itself.

It was so ‘runny’. Yes, it was a lil sticky, like most are. But it didnt quite adhere to my skin and i didnt feel it sticking really. Didnt even feel tight. Maybe it was the “milk” that caused it that way. I felt like i was just putting on my usual heavy-moisturizer cream. It dried up after a few minutes, felt only a small tinge of tightnes. I was excited to peel, hoping to see any grime it took out. BUT HELL, I DIDNT KNOW THAT I WAS GONNA LITERALLY PEEL IT OFF MY SKIN! INCH BY INCH!!!!! IT KEPT TEARING! It was so thin, i dont know if i applied a very small amount, but i tried applying it thicker, but still, it was one hell of an experience! I couldnt get it off my face, and im not a very patient person. So i went to the bathroom and washed it all off instead of peeling it painstakingly out of my face. It was a total mess. So now, instead of using it dry, i actually apply it on my ‘wet’ face while taking a shower, sort of like a facial wash-creme. Just so i could put it to use, and not let it rot on my shelf. Sigh.

Next is the cream blushie i so love, The sophie magic pink cream, that everyone on the net raves for. I got my first try on this for free. Ryan won a game, and this was the prize. And naturally, he didnt want it so he gave it to me instead. And i loved it! I actually have four tubes now. they come in this tiny little squeeze tubes, which has a very small amount inside. It mostly contains air, but well, it only costs Php70.00 so what can i expect? I wish they had a larger size for this, but its all good since it can fit in my purse/kikay kit. So yeah, its fine. its something i can wear pretty much everyday, it has this bright pink stain on the cheek that lasts the entire day. Im a sucker for stains and tints since i dont trust my sweat and oil glands in making my makeup stay long! Anyway, when you squeeze the prod out of the tube, it comes out in a white watery cream form, and you really have to blend right away, and by the way, you only need a tiny amount. But for me, i layer it on, twice. And when blended, heres how pretty it looks..

And here are my Sophie Martin lippies, which i will make a separate blogpost on. So i could show you the shades, one by one. I got mostly the nude-peachy ones, since the pinks that i wanted [Ice Pink and Blushy Pink werent available], so what i have are Velvet nude, Mango Peach, Cotton Peach, Summer Pink [which didnt register pink on me], Cotton Peach, Caramel Sugar and Red Pepper [which Yayi owns now]. I love the names of the shade!

No comments:

Post a Comment